It may be the end of July already, but that does not mean that it is too late to sneak away for one last summer vacation. In fact, you may be able to snag a great deal on that late summer getaway.
Check out our 5 savvy strategies to save on late summer vacations:
- Skip Charging It—If you have the money to spare in your savings or if you had the presence of mind to set up a Vacation Savings Club Account at your bank, keep your vacation debt-free by paying in cash. Knowing that you will not come back to debt and high interest rates will make the getaway much more restful.
- Plan and Pay Online—When you are on vacation, it is easy to get carried away with the spending. Planning and paying for your vacation activities ahead of time can make it easier to stick to a budget. It also means that you may get better savings by being able to take advantage of online discounts and coupons. Look for bundle deals and check with local visitors bureaus for special savings.
- Be Flexible with your Lodging—If your budget is tight, a 5-star hotel may not be in the cards for you. However, other hotels, motels, vacation rentals or camping options may be a better fit for your budget. Research the potential options, do some comparison shopping, and keep an open mind.
- Compare Modes of Transportation—Depending on where you are heading to, there may be numerous ways to get there. Check out all of the ways that you can get to your chosen vacation spot and then compare the costs. Possible modes of transportation can include plane, automobile (rental or your own), train (Amtrak or other), bus (Greyhound) or boat.
- Stay Closer and Save More—You may want to check out Morocco or Rome, but especially if you have not saved money ahead of time, it may make more financial sense to stay a little closer to home. Often it is easier to save money on vacations within the United States due to numerous transportation and lodging options, as well as a multitude of coupons and bundle offers. If you are looking for a getaway a little more exotic at a great price, check out special offers for Mexico getaways, including Cancun and Puerto Vallarta and cruises, which are normally plentiful.
Although vacations can be costly, there are many ways that you can “trim the fat” and save a little cash. As always, FreeShipping.com is there to help you save in all aspects of life, so make sure to check out our related travel savings websites Travel Plus and Feecation to save on all of those extra airline, hotel, Wi-Fi, and car-rental charges. Plus don’t forget to use your FreeShipping.com membership for all of the vacation and staycation supplies that you require. You will save with FREE shipping, exclusive coupons and discounts, and 5% cash back.
Here’s to plenty of late summer adventures at exceptional savings!