“There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat.”
— Tay Hohoff
Cats make great companions. They provide company and comfort. Cats are relatively easy to take care of and are able to be independent for limited stretches of time. Cats are generally more inexpensive to care for than dogs, but even so, it never hurts to save when it comes to pet care. Today we’re going to discuss some tips designed to help you save when caring for your feline friend.
5 Frugal Ways to Save on Cat Care
- Buy cat food in bulk. Buying pet food can be expensive, but if you purchase in larger quantities, you may be able to save money over time. Compare unit prices to get the best deal.
- Measure their meals. One benefit of having a cat versus a dog is a cat’s ability to free-feed, which means that you can put out a larger volume of food and the pet will eat as desired over time. Although this is helpful when you are not able to be home for a long period of time, it can lead to wasted food. Whenever possible, you should manually feed at scheduled times, which can reduce your cat’s pet food consumption and cost.
- Look for low-cost medical care. Taking good care of your cat can be costly, but there are resources out there that can help you to minimize those expenses. Your city or local animal shelter may offer free or low-cost spay and neuter services. Some clinics specialize in low-cost vaccines.
- Be a comparison shopper. Whether you are purchasing food, toys, or medical services for your cat, do your due diligence by checking prices first. Whether you decide to search the sale papers, call around, or use a price comparison app, comparison shopping can save you big money, especially over time. Why should you ever pay more than you have to?
- Keep your cat indoors. Because cats generally use a litter box, they are less likely to go outside. This can actually be a blessing for your budget, because it can reduce the likelihood of disease or injury and the expenses related to such calamities. Keeping your cat inside the house can prevent them from getting fleas and ticks, eating harmful substances, or getting hit by a vehicle.
FreeShipping.com Will Make Your Purr With Happiness
Looking for another effective way to save on cat care? Utilize your FreeShipping.com membership when you purchase supplies for your feline friend. A membership with FreeShipping.com provides many money-saving benefits, including 10% cash back, free shipping, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers.
Get your pet needs filled when you shop EntirelyPets.com. They feature a wide selection of cat necessities, including treats, nutritional supplements, remedies, toys, and more. It’s worth noting that EntirelyPets.com is owned and operated by veterinarians, so you can shop with absolute confidence.
Tired of running out of cat food or transporting large, heavy bags of food? Simplify your life when you shop PetFoodDirect.com. You will find the cat food you require at reasonable prices. Shop the pet food brands you know and trust. Knock one task off your To-Do list when you sign up for PetFoodDirect.com’s AutoShip program, which allows you to schedule your cat food deliveries, saving both time and money.
We make it easy to splurge on the pets you love while keeping your budget under control. Stick with FreeShipping.com, and you’ll save every time you shop online.