Just because the weather has gotten cool does not mean your love for barbecue food has to cease. In fact, there are some people, like my cousin, who barbecue outdoors all year round. It’s a great way to avoid mess in the kitchen. You can cook a variety of foods at the same time. And barbecuing can help you to keep the spirit of summer alive all winter long.
5 Ways to Save on Winter Barbecuing
- Grill once for numerous meals. Instead of firing up the grill on a daily basis, it will cost you less to fire it up once and get a few meals accomplished. Remember that cold weather forces your barbecue to work harder when heating up, so it just makes sense to use it as much as possible when it’s ready to go.
- Check the sales papers for meat on sale. Don’t feel the need to purchase overly expensive cuts of meat. Rather, look for what’s on sale each week, and take advantage of the discounted prices. It can also add variety to your meals by allowing you to partake of various proteins.
- Keep your grill indoors or undercover. Winter weather can be rough on your barbecue. You can minimize winter’s damaging effects by storing your grill inside your garage or storage shed. If you must keep it outside, invest in a weatherproof cover to help protect your grill from the elements.
- Maintain your grill. Do you want to extend the lifespan of your barbecue grill? It’s very important to keep your grill clean and in good condition. Make sure to scrape your grill while it’s still warm and then dispose of the debris. You may also want to wipe it down to get rid of grease and residue from previous cookouts.
- Bone-in is friendly on your budget. Although boneless cuts of meat can be highly desirable, they can also be more expensive. Grill protein with the bones still in to find significant savings. More inexpensive cuts of meat can be just as tasty when cooked on the barbecue.
FreeShipping.com Can Provide Sizzling Savings All Winter Long
No need to leave your budget out in the cold when it comes to winter barbecues — or anything else for that matter. With a FreeShipping.com membership, you can enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers.
Looking for the finest beef to throw on your grill? Look no further that our cash-back participating retailer c. Since 2007, they’ve been supplying customers with premium cuts of corn-fed, aged USDA prime beef. Whether you’re interested in filet mignon, strip steak, T-bone, or porterhouse steaks, Chicago Steak Company will not disappoint. Order now for your upcoming holiday meals. They even offer turkey, ham, poultry, and desserts to address all of your meal needs.
It may seem bizarre to barbecue during winter, but for some people, it’s an enjoyable and regular part of life. The tips above can help you to save money while enjoying delicious grilled food all winter long.