Christmas may be over, but the savings are far from done. After Christmas is a great time to shop and save. Post-Christmas deals can be found both in stores and online, as retailers shed seasonal and excess merchandise to make room for new stock. This can lead to substantial savings for shoppers, especially if you know what to buy. We’re sharing some of the best purchases to make after the holidays.
5 Things to Buy After Christmas
- Holiday decorations and supplies. This one is a no-brainer. As soon as Christmas is over, retailers significantly slash all holiday-related merchandise so they don’t have to store it until next year. Stock up on gift wrap, decorations, paper goods, clothing, candy, and more.
- Gift sets. Retailers fill their shelves with easy-to-give gift sets during the holidays and then rush to get rid of them as soon as Christmas is wrapped up. Purchase these sets now to keep on hand for presents throughout the year or to keep them for next holiday season.
- Cold-weather clothing. Retailers start bringing in the spring clothing while there’s still a chill in the air, so expect to find fall and winter clothing on clearance. Look for long-sleeved shirts, jeans, and sweatshirts/pants, along with outerwear like coats, scarves, gloves, and snow boots.
- Fitness equipment. As the New Year approaches, you will start to see sales for fitness equipment of all sorts. Many people make a New Year’s resolution to lose weight and/or get in shape, so retailers are happy to provide slashed prices on everything you need to be a better you for in the year ahead.
- Toys. Another remnant from pre-holiday stock-ups, retailers let go of some of their toy selection after Christmas. This can be a great time to stock up for gifts throughout the year or for next Christmas.
Get the Best Post-Holiday Steals When You Shop with FreeShipping.com
Shop from the comfort of home and get the best deals when you utilize your FreeShipping.com membership. Members enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers.
Start your post-holiday search with Macy’s. You will get department-store quality at prices your budget can afford. You’ll find items for women, men, children, and the home on sale and clearance. Didn’t get exactly what you wanted for Christmas? Make up for it and enjoy after-Christmas savings.
Start the New Year with a fresh look for your home with help from Pier 1 Imports. This is one of my favorite home décor and furniture stores, because I love the global, artisan feel of their merchandise. Look for discounts on seasonal items, furniture, pillows, rugs, curtains, tableware, wall décor, and much more.
In my family, going to Walgreens on or after Christmas was somewhat of a tradition. That’s when they mark down everything from Christmas candy to decorations to gift sets. If you’re looking for great deals but don’t want to venture out into the cold, you can check out their website.
Post-holiday sales are a great way to catch fantastic deals after Christmas is wrapped up. Whether you’re buying the gifts you didn’t get for Christmas, stocking up for next year, or just taking advantage of some good deals, shopping after the holidays can yield serious savings.